At a Glance
About the Lake
Resorts and Marinas
R.V. Parks and
Public Boat Ramps
Fishing the Lake
State Park Offices
Fish and Game
Calif. State Map
Jurisdiction: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Terrain: rolling hills, pines, oaks, and chapperal brush
Surface Acreage: 815
Shoreline: 24 miles
Public Boat Ramps: 2 - fee
- Camping only at sites and/or areas designated by the District Engineer.
- Fires shall be contained in fireplaces, grills or other facilities designed for this purpose.
- Camping at one or more campsites for longer than fourteen days is prohibited.
- Campsites are on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a $6 fee for camping. Reservations are required at Boston Bar Group Camp. Call Park Office at (916) 639-2342.
- The placement of camping equipment without overnight occupancy for the purpose of reserving a campsite is prohibited.
- The digging, leveling, or construction of any structure prohibited without written permission.
- Animals must be penned, caged, or on a leash under 6 ft. in length.
- All vessels must be operated in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
- Vessels at any fixed or permanent mooring point may only be used for overnight occupancy when such use is incidental to recreational boating.
- Counter-clockwise direction for all boating.
- Waterskiing is not allowed above Upper Boston.
- Water levels may fluctuate. Use caution when you boat camp as low water levels may occur overnight.
- Be alert for submerged obstacles.
- Boston Bar Group Camp and the Narrows Group Picnic Area are available by reservation only.