At a Glance
About the Lake
Resorts and Marinas
R.V. Parks and
Public Boat Ramps
Fishing the Lake
State Park Offices
Fish and Game
Calif. State Map
Jurisdiction: Dept. of Parks & Rec.
Elevation: 450 ft.
Terrain: hilly, oak woodland
Surface acreage: 10,000
Max Depth: ft.
Shoreline: 75 miles
Public Boat Ramps: 6
For a complete listing of State Park laws contact the Dept.
of Parks & Recreation at Auburn State Rec. Area: (916) 885-4527 or American River District Hdq. (916) 988-0205
- camping is allowed only in designated areas
- fires are allowed only in a camp stoves or fireplaces provided
for that purpose
- overnight boat camping is allowed in designated mooring areas,
provided your vessel is self-contained
- boats and other vessels are not allowed to be beached overnight
except in designated areas
- night time speed limit for boats where authorized is 5 mph.
- Folsom Lake Marina, is one of the largest inland marinas in California. It is the only marina on Folsom Lake and is open all year.