At a Glance
About the Lake
Resorts and Marinas
R.V. Parks and
Public Boat Ramps
Fishing the Lake
State Park Offices
Fish and Game
Calif. State Map
New Hogan Lake
City: Valley Springs (30 mi. east of Stockton)
Jurisdiction: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Elevation: 713 ft.
Terrain: rolling hills, oak, digger pine, variety of brush
Surface acreage: 4,400
Max Depth: ft.
Shoreline: 50 miles
Public Boat Ramps: 4
- Park rules are posted throughout the park
- Keep fires contained to designated grills and pits
- Use only down and dead wood.
- Deep pets on leash at all times.
- Quiet hours between 10p.m. and 6a.m.
- Vehicles restricted to designated roads, and parking areas.
- Camping in desgnated campsites only.
- Boating laws are enforced by the Calaveras County Sheriff's deputies and
- 5 mph/no wake areas inside buoy line and around the Fiddleneck Day-Use
- Observe bouy line/closed areas.
- Boat-in campsites open only from May thru September.
- Lake level fluctuates. New hazards appear frequently.
- New Hogan Dam is an earthfill structure 200 ft. high and 1,935 ft. long,
completed in 1964.